Mortgage Litigation – Legal Executive
Together, we’ve built a firm culture we’re really proud of. We believe it’s what sets us apart. So, it’s important we attract people who want to make a positive impact, who embody our culture and complement our great team.
We’ve earned a reputation for nurturing individual talent. We are committed to helping you be your best and achieve more. That way we can continue to give our clients the best service in the market.
We are hiring a Mortgage Litigation – Legal Executive to provide assistance to our solicitors across a number of our departments.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the following areas:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting Mortgage Litigation team in managing portfolio of Mortgage Litigation files in respect of reviewing files and advising on security and security enforcement;
- Dealing with incoming correspondence from agents, solicitors, and Defendants;
- Drafting of letters;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls from Agents, Solicitors and Defendants;
- Taking instructions from clients;
- Instructing summons servers and tracing agents;
- Providing Client instructions to Counsel in respect of cases in the legal process;
- Liaising with, briefing and attending on Barristers;
- Preparation of briefs;
- Liaising with clients over court outcome and next steps;
- Assisting with drafting Circuit Court and High Court proceedings and Motions;
- Service of Proceedings;
- Drafting Statutory Declarations and Affidavits of Service;
- Liaising with Court Services;
- Dealing with the enforcement of Orders for Possession including liaising with the relevant Sheriff offices;
- Managing a high volume, fast moving workload; and
- Maintaining excellent relationships with third parties.
Skills & Expertise
- 1 year of experience as a Legal Executive in a Litigation Department as a minimum requirement;
- Previous Repossession Experience a significant advantage;
- Pro-active thinker and problem solver;
- A high degree of discretion and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential data;
- Ability to manage a high volume and fast moving workload;
- Can work on own initiative as well as being a strong team player;
- Working knowledge of Keyhouse is desired but not essential;
- Strong communication skills and an excellent phone manner; and
- Attention to detail.
- Travel Tax Incentive Scheme;
- Bike to Work Initiative;
- Flu Vaccination;
- Sports and Social Club;
- Book Club;
- Staff Referral Bonus;
- Annual Salary Review;
- Performance Bonus (dependent on annual review); and
- Death in Service Scheme.