BHSM are delighted to be one of the first signatories of the Law Society of Ireland Professional Wellbeing Charter.
Mark Homan, Managing Partner, “The health and wellbeing of our staff is of utmost importance to us. We work hard to provide a firm culture we are really proud of. We believe this is what sets us apart from other firms. By signing the Professional Wellbeing Charter, we promise to continue to provide a safe and inclusive work environment so that every employee feels respected, has complete trust in us and is treated fairly and honestly. We are committed to upholding the tenets outlined in the Professional Wellbeing Charter and hope other law firms join us in doing so.”
We, as signatories to this Charter, commit to improving leadership and championing behaviours, skills and practices that promote and enable professional wellbeing at all levels, and across all roles, in our workplace.
As such, we will:
- Work to create a healthy workplace culture, characterised by behaviours and practices that promote effective communication and active listening so the workplace experience is one of trust, respect, honesty, fairness, compassion and psychological safety.
- Build an environment where leaders promote professional wellbeing and take appropriate action to protect employees’ mental health, including holding unprofessional behaviours to account with consequences.
- Work to reduce stigma associated with mental health in the workplace.
- Build employee and management capacity to support other employees’ psychological and mental health concerns and be able to respond effectively to these as needed.
- Strive to create a work environment where tasks and responsibilities can be accomplished within a realistic timeframe and that promotes work/life balance.
- Encourage and support employees in the development of their social and emotional needs, as well as their job skills.
- Nurture a work environment where employees derive a sense of meaning and purpose from their work and are appropriately recognised and rewarded for their work efforts.
- Ensure policies, procedures and processes are in place that safeguard employee psychological safety and mental health.
For further information on the Professional Wellbeing Charter, please CLICK HERE.
BHSM signed up to the Law Society Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter earlier this year. For further information on the GEDI Charter, please CLICK HERE.
TRENDS Magazine – Insolvency & Restructuring – Issue 2, 2021
Sarah O’Toole, BHSM LLP, features in the latest Trends Insolvency & Restructuring Publication by The Law...
3 Mar 2021