Brian has extensive experience in advising corporate and commercial clients in relation to a wide range of disputes. Brian specialises in advising clients in disputes relating to property and the enforcement of security. He has extensive experience in advising property owners and tenants in disputes relating to commercial and residential property. Brian regularly advises shareholders and Directors in relation to contentious company law matters.
Brian leads a team that advises a number of financial institutions and credit servicing firms in relation to the enforcement of security, recovery of assets, professional negligence and debt recovery. He also advises financial institutions and regulated entities in relation to compliance with the regulatory requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland. He is also an experienced insolvency lawyer and has advised numerous Insolvency Practitioners in relation to Liquidations, Receiverships and Examinerships.
Brian obtained a BCL degree from University College Dublin and qualified as a Solicitor in 1998. He holds a Diploma in Finance Law from the Law Society of Ireland and is a member of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Advising a shareholder in a dispute relating to valuable hotels in London, in proceedings before the Courts of Ireland
- Advising a Landlord in relation to a valuable commercial property in Dublin 4, in proceedings before the Commercial Court
- Advising a Commercial Property Owner in an action before the Commercial Court relating to the wrongful appointment of a Receiver over a valuable office building in Central Dublin
- Advising a Financial Institution in relation to negligence/breach of undertaking actions against Solicitors arising from the failure to put proper security in place
- Advising a Credit Servicing Firm in relation to the regulatory issues arising from incorrect calculation of arrears
- Advising purchasers of a loan portfolio in challenging Personal Insolvency Arrangements
- Advising a Liquidator in a successful application to disqualify a high-profile individual from acting as a Company Director
- Advising an Irish Registered Bank in actions for debt recovery, possession and professional negligence actions
- Advising Credit Servicing firms in relation to Debt Collection and Asset Recovery cases
- Advising Banks and Credit Servicing Firms on Bankruptcy proceedings
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
Redundancy, Lay-off & Short Time in the Hospitality Sector – What rights does an Employer have?
Following the recommendations of the National Public Health Emergency Team, which have been approved and adopted by the...
18 Sep 2020
BHSM Sign the Law Society Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI) Charter
BHSM are delighted to be one of the first signatories of the Law Society Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion...
18 Sep 2020