Conor Mac Nally
Conor works in our Banking & Finance Department, specialising in all areas of Banking & Financial Services. He has gained unique legal and commercial experience working with various financial institutions during the most turbulent period for the banking sector in the history of the State.
Conor spent a number of years in the Banking and Financial Services Department of an international Law Firm in Dublin. He has dealt with issues from the recession – such as enforcement actions and loan sales for lenders exiting the market – but also new lending for pillar banks and acting for new lenders entering the market.
Conor obtained a Degree in Commerce for UCD and worked in banking before completing his training contract with a busy general practice in Dublin. Post qualification, he worked as an in-house solicitor in a number of financial institutions, gaining excellent commercial experience before transferring back into private practice.
- Advising a dynamic Dublin based property developer and related investors in connection with funding the acquisition and development of: the Clerys building, the iconic mixed use retail, office and hotel complex in Dublin city centre; a multi-use development site at Sandyford, Dublin 18; an office development site at Dawson Street, Dublin 2; an office development site at Northwall Quay, Dublin 1; and an office space at Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
- Advising major Irish telecoms company, Welltel Ireland, in financing the acquisition of a number of key target telecoms operator
- Advising a multijurisdictional property group in connection with the refinancing and restructuring of its debt, secured on a major industrial park in West Dublin
- Advising non-bank lender, Sancus BMS (Ireland) Limited, in connection with bridging loan finance to a number of Irish corporates
- Advising a UK lender in relation to the refinancing and restructuring of facilities secured on Irish assets made available to an Irish borrower
- Advising an Isle of Man based property developer in connection with the acquisition and development of a large residential site in Harolds Cross, Dublin 6
- Advising an Irish investment firm and pension fund in connection with the raising of capital and investment opportunities in real estate
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Dublin
- Certificate in Conveyancing & Property Law, Law Society of Ireland
- Certificate in Banking Practice & Procedure, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Finance Law and Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
Brexit: Who can be director of your Irish company?
There will be many issues for Irish companies on foot of Brexit. One issue is the requirement to have a director who...
18 Feb 2021
BHSM are listed by IFLR1000 in Legal Guide for Ireland 2021-2022
BHSM LLP are delighted to be recognised by the IFLR1000. We have been listed in their 2021-22 Legal Guide for Ireland...
21 Oct 2021