Foreign Lawyer (Qualified in Australia)
Dasith Vithanage is a Solicitor working in the Corporate Department. He qualified in New South Wales, Australia in 2014 and has the unique experience of private practice and in-house experience in the Australian and New Zealand market. Dasith has over 6 years litigation experience, having commenced his legal career in civil litigation private practice, before transitioning into a corporate practitioner for a global construction materials company. Dasith has experience advising on dispute resolutions, competition and consumer law and construction law, as well as general commercial contracts.
Dasith advises on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, contract negotiation and completion deliverables. He has a particular interest in start-ups and the technology industry, given his commercial education and background.
Dasith obtained his Bachelor of Commerce and Law from Macquarie University, Sydney and is expected to complete his Masters of Law (Global Competition and Consumer Law) from Melbourne.
- Acting for Welltel (Ireland) Limited in its domestic and global acquisitions, making it the largest enterprise telecommunications provider in the domestic market
- Acting for an Esports Gaming League start-up in its acquisition by a Nasdaq listed esports entertainment and online gambling operator
- Acting for a Euronext Dublin listed entity in its central securities depository transition to Euroclear Bank arising from Brexit
- Acting in the merger and acquisition of national and cross-border transactions in Ireland, United Kingdom, Malta and Nevada, including telecommunication service providers, digital platform businesses, online gambling operations, e-sports, retail grocery outlet, fast-food restaurant, retail furniture store, stationary suppliers and pharmacies
- Acting for majority shareholders of a venture capital firm, property development company, product design company, food distributor and environmental service provider in capital raising and advising on restructuring as well as subscription and shareholder agreements
- Acting for a US publicly listed multi-national pharmaceutical’s company on clinical trials and development of novel therapies to modulate the endocannabinoid system
- Advising on the restructure of a wind farm project and theme park
- Advising start-ups including information technology companies, alcoholic beverage manufacturers and nutritionists on legal and share structuring, licensing and commercial terms and conditions of trade
- Acting in various acquisitions and disposals of retail pharmacies throughout Ireland and related transactions, including disposals and acquisitions in Dublin, Westmeath, Kilkenny, Roscommon and Kerry
- Bachelor of Law, Macquarie University, Sydney
- Bachelor of Commerce, Macquarie University, Sydney
Merger Control and COVID-19: Changes to Merger Notification Process
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (the “CCPC”) is developing a...
7 Apr 2020
BHSM advises Welltel in acquisition of Capstone
BHSM’s Corporate Team, led by Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, were delighted to act for Welltel in the acquisition...
23 Apr 2021