Eimear works in our Corporate Department, specialising in corporate transactions. She has acted for clients, both domestic and international, in acquisitions, disposals, mergers and equity investments. This experience spans a variety of sectors including technology, life sciences and health care, insurance, retail and hospitality. Eimear also regularly advises on the corporate finance elements of large commercial real estate transactions.
In addition, Eimear has extensive experience in dealing with re-organisations and corporate restructurings, assisting clients in preparing for business expansion, disposals and succession planning in family run businesses.
She also regularly advises clients on commercial contracts, with a particular focus on consultancy and services agreements.
Eimear has a keen interest in sport and formerly volunteered as board member and secretary of Hockey Ireland, the national governing body for hockey on the island of Ireland, assisting in particular on governance and compliance matters for the organisation.
Eimear has an LLB from the University of Limerick, where she studied Law and European Studies and was admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland in 2008.
- Advising Brightpay and Relate Software in their transactions with Hg Capital, which combined products from both businesses to create a market leading payroll and accounts software service to SMEs and accountancy practices throughout Ireland and the UK
- Acting for the Hale Retail Group, one of Ireland’s leading suppliers and distributors or e-cigarette and tobacco cessation products, in the expansion of its business through the acquisition of VIP e-Cig Ireland
- Acting for Staunton Investments in the acquisition of Spectrum Telecom Installations, a leading provider of telecommunications wireless solutions based in Galway and Kildare
- Acting for the Welltel Group in its expansion through the acquisitions of Invistech (December 2019), Globalnet Solutions trading as Novi (June 2020), Intellicom Ireland (August 2020) and Capstone (February 2021)
- Acting in various acquisitions and disposals of retail pharmacies throughout Ireland and related transactions, including disposals and acquisitions in Dublin, Westmeath, Kilkenny, Roscommon and Kerry
- Acted for the senior management team in the management buy out of the business of a leading marketing solutions provider specialising in the print, design and promotional goods
- Acting for a market leader in the provision of electronic point of sale systems in Ireland, in its expansion through the acquisition of the business and assets of a retail systems provider
- Advising clients on various corporate re-organisations of their businesses and group structures
- Advising various family businesses in corporate re-organisations as part of estate planning
- Advising on the corporate and finance elements of various commercial property acquisitions and developments in Dublin including the acquisition of the Clerys Building, Kielys of Donnybrook and Eden Plaza
- Acting for an Irish technology company on a €17m investment by UK private equity group
- Acting for a Munster based manufacturer of pharmaceutical and healthcare packaging in its joint venture with a US Group as part of a significant business expansion
- Providing legal advice to Advisory and Accounting Firm HLB Sheehan Quinn on their merger with Conlan Crotty Murray & Co.
- LLB Law and European Studies, University of Limerick
- Diploma in Corporate Law and Governance
- Diploma in Insolvency and Restructuring
- Diploma in Employment Law
- Diploma in Commercial Property
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
Temporary Company Law Measures to Address COVID-19 Crisis Now Effective
The Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (COVID-19) Bill came into effect on 21 August 2020 and will be welcomed as a...
28 Aug 2020
BHSM Advises Relate Software and Brightpay
BHSM were delighted to act in the transactions involving Relate Software and BrightPay, backed by Hg Capital, which...
28 Sep 2021
BHSM Advise Welltel on Intellicom Ireland Acquisition
Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, Corporate, and Conor MacNally, Banking & Finance, were delighted to advise Welltel...
11 Aug 2020