Georgina works in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Debt Recovery Departments. She specialises in advising lending institutions in mortgage litigation and in respect of enforcement of security. She also advises lending institutions in the appointment of Receivers over residential properties.
Georgina has considerable experience in Commercial Litigation and currently advises lending institutions in High Court, Circuit Court and Court of Appeal proceedings for judgment, injunctive relief and property and asset recovery. During her time with BHSM, Georgina has advised financial institutions on obtaining orders for possession, orders for sale, post order judgments and property repossession, as well as the appointment of fixed charge receivers.
Georgina previously worked with a Dublin Law Firm advising lending institutions on mortgage litigation and debt recovery and asset recovery. Prior to this, she worked for a multinational telecommunications company, advising on commercial/corporate transactions. Georgina is fully conversant with the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears 2013 and the Consumer Protection Code 2012, having dealt with them in a previous role.
Georgina obtained an LLB from the University of Wales with a Bachelor of Law (Honours) degree and qualified as a Solicitor in 2016. She has successfully completed the necessary exams to be dual qualified in England and Wales.
- Advised a landlord of a commercial building in an action against a pillar bank arising from the wrongful enforcement of security.
- High volume collection of debts due to an Irish supplier of goods.
- Acting on behalf of major Irish Financial Institutions to recover residential mortgaged properties by way of Voluntary Surrender, Voluntary Sale, Asset Receiver, and obtaining Orders for Possession in both the Circuit Court and the High Court.
- LLB Honours, University of Wales
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
Remote Working and Data Security
As the economy gradually begins to reopen, remote working continues to be in place for a large number of Irish...
26 Jun 2020
BHSM advise on Mothercare Group winding up of Irish operations
BHSM recently advised the Mothercare Group in relation to the winding of its Irish operations. Mothercare was a long...
30 Jun 2020