Giles G Smyth
Giles heads up the Real Estate and Banking & Finance Departments. He has for the last twenty years specialised in all matters property and banking related and acts for many of Ireland’s top developers, property companies, funds and banks.
He advises clients on varied and complex property acquisitions and disposals, including tax-driven schemes, co-owned and syndicated property transactions, landlord and tenant issues and secured and structured finance.
Giles acts for many clients in the purchase and sale of single and multi-use commercial property, development land, private residences, apartments, agricultural land, development and energy projects.
- North City Centre Shopping District – acquisition of building on O’Connell Street, Dublin
- South City Centre Business District – acquisition, development, finance and letting c.78,000sqft. office building acquisition price c.€37m
- Grand Canal Office Building – acquisition, development, finance and letting c.60,000sqft. office value c.€65m
- Dublin 6 Building – acquisition, development, finance, letting and sale of mixed-use building c.23,000sqft. value c.€25m
- South City Centre Shopping District – acquisition, lease reviews, financing of retail premises c.€32m
- Dublin 2 Office Building – disposal part occupied / vacant office building c.€8.5m
- Co. Wicklow Business Park – disposal part occupied / vacant business park €10m
- Outer Dublin Commuter Area – residential sales – houses and apartment; total unit number c.1,200
- Co. Meath Shopping District – asset management – mixed use scheme containing 67 commercial units
- Multi Asset Class (retail, industrial, office, residential) – ICAV, acquisition, finance, remediation and asset management issues, leases etc.
- Alternative Energy Projects – Land Options, Agreement for Leases, Leases, Licenses, Side Letters, Right of Way Agreements, Easement Agreements etc. for projects
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Fingal Dublin Chamber of Commerce
BHSM delighted to advise Elgin Energy on €36 million Berenberg loan for solar energy projects
A BHSM LLP Team headed by Giles Smyth were delighted to advise Elgin Energy on property, banking and corporate aspects...
31 Aug 2021
BHSM Advises Action Ireland Trust
Giles G Smyth recently attended the Action Ireland Trust Gala Dinner held at the Grand Hotel in Malahide. The Gala...
17 Feb 2020
BHSM advises Enforge Exchequer Street (Gerry Fitzpatrick) in letting the new Jamie Oliver Restaurant “Chequer Lane”
Giles Smyth and Michelle McArdle of BHSM were delighted to advise Enforge Exchequer Street (Gerry Fitzpatrick) in the...
17 Feb 2020