JJ is a solicitor working in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution department. He advises on a broad range of commercial dispute resolution matters.
JJ has considerable experience working with the leadership, in-house legal and compliance teams of international and domestic companies, as well as with private individuals and public / regulatory authorities, in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
JJ’s experience includes advising on both domestic and multi-jurisdictional contract disputes, shareholder disputes, enforcement proceedings, corporate governance matters, regulatory investigations and commercial advisory.
JJ obtained a first-class honours degree in Business and Law (International) from University College Dublin, spending his penultimate year studying in University of New South Wales, Sydney. Prior to joining BHSM, JJ trained and worked with a Big 5 law firm in Dublin for a number of years.
- Advised financial institutions on legal proceedings arising from regulatory investigations
- Advised companies and individuals on a number of multi-jurisdictional shareholder disputes and related corporate governance matters
- Advised domestic and international companies on a number of multi-jurisdictional contract disputes
- Advised Irish entities on domestic and cross-border enforcement proceedings
- Advised companies on corporate crime and public/regulatory matters, including dealings with the Irish Revenue Commissioners, an Garda Siochana, the Central Bank of Ireland, and various other public/regulatory authorities
- Advised companies on corporate governance and anti-bribery and corruption policies
- Advised entities on litigation/regulatory considerations associated with commercial transactions
- Advised employers and employees on employment contracts, policies and procedures
- BBL (International), University College Dublin
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
- Advanced Diploma in Corporate, White-Collar and Regulatory Crime, Honorable Society of Kings Inns, Ireland
- Computer Science for Lawyers, HarvardX
TRENDS Magazine – Employment – May/June 2021
Richard Lee & JJ McLoughlin, BHSM LLP, feature in the first issue of the new Trends Employment Law Publication by...
8 May 2021
BHSM LLP Welcomes New Solicitor to Real Estate Team
BHSM has announced the appointment of Rachel Nangle to their Firm. Rachel Nangle, Solicitor, has joined BHSM’s...
29 Jul 2021