Joe McVeigh is the Head of the Corporate Department at BHSM. His areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and the regulation of equity funds and investments.
Joe has advised both national and international companies across a wide range of industries with an emphasis on the pharmaceutical, healthcare, information technology and finance sectors. Joe has employed this experience to achieve strategic objectives for his clients.
Building on his career as a professional rugby player for Connacht, Joe specialises in the area of sport law.
Joe qualified as a Solicitor in 2005, later obtaining a Diploma in Corporate Governance from The Law Society of Ireland.
- Advisors to the Welltel Group in its expansion through the acquisitions of ATS Group (2017) EyrCo Communications (2018), Invistech (2019), Globalnet Solutions trading as Novi (2020) and Intellicom Ireland (2020)
- Acting for an Esports Gaming League start-up in its acquisition by a Nasdaq listed esports entertainment and online gambling operator
- Advice to the shareholders of Clinch Technology Limited on the sale to Pageup People Limited
- Advisor to a large number of GPs, doctors and consultants throughout the healthcare sector specialising in succession and partnership negotiations
- Advisor to a number of veterinary practices on the sale of business and goodwill to corporate veterinary providers in the animal welfare industry, including sales to IVC, CVS and Highfield Veterinary
- Advised a large number of early stage and high-growth companies in fundraising and equity investments
- Acting for the Hale Retail Group, one of Ireland’s leading suppliers and distributors or e-cigarette and tobacco cessation products, in the expansion of its business through the acquisition of VIP e-Cig Ireland
- Acting in various acquisitions and disposals of retail pharmacies throughout Ireland and related transactions, including disposals and acquisitions in Dublin, Westmeath, Galway, Donegal, Kilkenny, Roscommon and Kerry
- Acting for a Euronext Dublin listed entity in its central securities depository transition to Euroclear Bank arising from Brexit
- Acting in the merger and acquisition of national and cross-border transactions in Ireland, United Kingdom, Malta and Nevada, including telecommunication service providers, digital platform businesses, online gambling operations, e-sports, retail grocery outlet, fast-food restaurant, retail furniture store, stationary suppliers and pharmacies
- Advised the owners of the Irish Wedding Website One Fab Day on their sale to the DMG Media
- LLB, National University of Ireland, Galway
- B.A. (Economics, Politics & Law), National University of Ireland, Galway
- Diploma in Corporate Governance, Law Society of Ireland
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of Ireland
The Importance of Written Partnership Agreements
What is a Partnership? Section 1(1) of the Partnership Act 1890 defines a partnership as the ‘relationship which...
10 Sep 2021
BHSM advises Welltel in acquisition of Capstone
BHSM’s Corporate Team, led by Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, were delighted to act for Welltel in the acquisition...
23 Apr 2021
BHSM Advise Mark Pollock in Registering His New Charity
Joe McVeigh and Lee Taren of the BHSM Corporate Team recently advised Mark Pollock and his team throughout the process...
11 Nov 2020