Joe McVeigh is the Head of the Corporate Department at BHSM. His areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and the regulation of equity funds and investments.
Joe has advised both national and international companies across a wide range of industries with an emphasis on the pharmaceutical, healthcare, information technology and finance sectors. Joe has employed this experience to achieve strategic objectives for his clients.
Building on his career as a professional rugby player for Connacht, Joe specialises in the area of sport law.
Joe qualified as a Solicitor in 2005, later obtaining a Diploma in Corporate Governance from The Law Society of Ireland.
- Sale of Direct Medical, an Irish healthcare and technology company to Airsol S.R.L. an Italian listed company
- The acquisition by an Welltel (Ireland) Limited of a number of its competitors, making it the largest enterprise telecommunications provider in the domestic market
- Advised the shareholder of Thesaurus Software Limited (Brightpay) an Irish software company on an investment by HG Capital, a UK private equity company
- Advised on the sale of Minotauro Media Limited to an Israeli public company
- Advice to the shareholders of Clinch Technology Limited on the sale to Pageup People Limited
- Advisor to National Plastic Packaging Holdings Limited on its acquisition of numerous competitors
- Advisor to a large number of doctors and consultants in the healthcare sector
- Advisor to a number of veterinary practices on the sale of business and goodwill to corporate veterinary providers in the animal welfare industry
- Advised 35 Irish accountancy firms in their consolidation to Xeinadin, one of the largest accountancy firms in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Advised a large number of early stage and high-growth companies in fundraising and equity investments
- Advised Advisory and Accounting Firm HLB Sheehan Quinn on their merger with Conlan Crotty Murray & Co.
- LLB, National University of Ireland, Galway
- B.A. (Economics, Politics & Law), National University of Ireland, Galway
- Diploma in Corporate Governance, Law Society of Ireland
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of Ireland
The Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Act 2019 – Modernising Irish Intellectual Property Law
Overview The Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Act 2019 (“the Act”) came into full operation...
17 Jan 2020
1st Leon Restaurant Opens in Ireland
15 May 2019