Lee Taren is a Solicitor working in our Corporate Department. He specialises in advising clients in relation to commercial contracts, data privacy and intellectual property.
Lee has considerable experience in advising clients in relation to GDPR compliance and the current Irish data privacy regime. His practice includes assisting global clients in responding to data subject access requests, providing organisations with appropriate data transfer and data processing agreements, creating data retention policies and advising on software licencing arrangements. He also regularly assists organisations in creating GDPR-compliant Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies for their respective websites. Lee also works with multi-national organisations to ensure that their direct marketing strategies are in compliance with Irish and European ePrivacy legislation.
Lee also has significant experience in managing intellectual property law matters and regularly assists clients in relation to Irish, European and International trade mark registrations, renewals, assignments and oppositions. He also advises on all aspects of Irish domain name registration and renewal.
Lee obtained an LLM in Intellectual Property and E-law from University College Cork following completion of his BCL (International) undergraduate degree, having also spent a year abroad studying Data Privacy and Electronic Commerce at the University of Oslo. Lee completed his training contract with a top ten law firm in Dublin.
- Provided advices in relation to the ‘personal and household’ exemption under the GDPR
- Advised in relation to the processing of health data and the anonymisation requirements under data protection law for documents containing personal data
- Advised in relation to the requirements for the appointment and registration of a Data Protection Officer under the GDPR
- Advised in relation to the creation of GDPR-compliant Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies
- Conducted a legal due diligence exercise involving complex intellectual property arrangements and portfolios
- Advised in relation to Social Media Influencer Agreements and drafting same
- Advised Mark Pollock and his team throughout the process of successfully incorporating and registering his new charity, Collaborative Cures
- Advised in relation to the creation of Partnership Agreements and Goodwill Purchase Agreements for a number of GP clients
- BCL (International), University College Cork
- LLM (Intellectual Property and E-Law), University College Cork
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland
Open Banking, Payment Services and the GDPR
In December 2020, the European Data Protection Board adopted new guidelines in relation to the relationship between the...
10 Feb 2021
BHSM advises Welltel in acquisition of Capstone
BHSM’s Corporate Team, led by Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, were delighted to act for Welltel in the acquisition...
23 Apr 2021