Lee Taren is a Solicitor working in our Corporate Department. He specialises in advising clients in relation to commercial contracts, data privacy and intellectual property.
Lee has considerable experience in advising clients in relation to GDPR compliance and the current Irish data privacy regime. His practice includes assisting global clients in responding to data subject access requests, providing organisations with appropriate data transfer and data processing agreements, creating data retention policies and advising on software licencing arrangements. He also regularly assists organisations in creating GDPR-compliant Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies for their respective websites. Lee also works with multi-national organisations to ensure that their direct marketing strategies are in compliance with Irish and European ePrivacy legislation.
Lee also has significant experience in managing intellectual property law matters and regularly assists clients in relation to Irish, European and International trade mark registrations, renewals, assignments and oppositions. He also advises on all aspects of Irish domain name registration and renewal.
Lee obtained an LLM in Intellectual Property and E-law from University College Cork following completion of his BCL (International) undergraduate degree, having also spent a year abroad studying Data Privacy and Electronic Commerce at the University of Oslo. Lee completed his training contract with a top ten law firm in Dublin.
- Advising a leading multi-national food manufacturer on wide-ranging aspects of GDPR compliance
- Managing a portfolio of Irish and European trade marks and domain names for one of the world’s largest beverage retailers
- Advising a global health care services provider in relation to a complex Data Subject Access Request
- Advising one of Ireland’s leading clothing retailers in relation to its direct marketing strategies
- Advising a leading petroleum retail chain in relation to franchising agreements for in-store beverage concessions
- Creating a contractual licencing structure in order to facilitate the provision of financial analytics software and equipment to one of the world’s largest banks
- BCL (International), University College Cork
- LLM (Intellectual Property and E-Law), University College Cork
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland
GDPR for Irish GPs – Protecting the Personal Data of Patients
The names, contact details, email addresses, medical records and health data of individuals and patients who attend a...
17 Sep 2020
BHSM Sign the Law Society Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI) Charter
BHSM are delighted to be one of the first signatories of the Law Society Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion...
18 Sep 2020