Practice Area - Investing in Ireland
Food & Beverage
Food and Beverages comprise Ireland’s largest indigenous industry, with a turnover of €27.5 billion and 250,000 jobs linked to it. However, 43% of our €12 billion worth of exports are from non-Irish manufacturers located here, reflecting the country’s appeal to FDI in this sector.
BHSM’s Food & Beverage Team has serviced the various needs of the food and beverage industries in Ireland for many years, developing both local and national experience.
Our clients include pubs, clubs, restaurants, hotels, off licences and shops. We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of all aspects of joint ventures and private investments. We deliver nuanced advice on licensing, product liability and food safety and health claims.
We have acted on a wide variety of significant transactions in this sector, providing corporate, regulatory and competition law advice. In addition, our expert practitioners provide specialist intellectual property, employment law, product liability and commercial contracts advice to leading corporations in this sector.
Our Food & Beverage Team draws on the skills and technical knowledge of Solicitors from other Departments of the firm including Corporate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Construction & Engineering and Real Estate.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Food Safety & Health Regulation
- Product Liability
- Joint Ventures
- Private Investments
- Employment Law
- Commercial Contracts
- Advising a developer on its site assembly and negotiation of its Design and Build Contract for the development of a major South Dublin pub, including advices on liquor licences etc.
- Advising a landlord on the letting of restaurant space in a North Dublin shopping district including advising hotel owner / operator in all aspects of liquor licence protection provisions, the side assembly, planning, environmental, construction and licences of a new hotel in Dublin City Centre
- Advising an Irish food production company on all aspects of its business
- Advising a Gin company start up on various matters including procurement, distribution, labelling and liquor licence requirements
Get in Touch
Landmark Decision on Business Interruption Insurance for Publicans
The decision by the High Court to uphold the claims by Pub owners under the business interruption aspects of their...
8 Feb 2021
1st Leon Restaurant Opens in Ireland
15 May 2019