Practice Area - Investing in Ireland
Investment & Fundraisings
BHSMs Corporate Department works with private equity and venture capital investors, both nationally and internationally. By representing investors and also investee companies, we have a wealth of experience in advising the relevant parties from angel investors to private equity and venture capitalists.
Our Investment and Fundraisings Team has extensive experience and depth of knowledge gained from acting for numerous companies and investors in a range of industries.
Our experience spans the pharmaceutical, technology, manufacturing, retail and renewable energy sectors, from start-up companies to multinational groups.
Ireland is at the forefront of bringing innovative products to market quickly, being the first regulated jurisdiction to provide a regulatory framework specifically for the alternative fund industry.
Ireland is regarded by global players as a key strategic location for the domiciling and servicing of Investment Funds.
Ireland offers a sophisticated and attractive regime to the investment funds industry, which is why over 800 managers from 53 countries have their assets administered here.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Investment agreements
- Share subscription agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Convertible loan note instruments
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Corporate governance
- Amendments to constitutional documentation
- Acting for the promoter company in fundraising for the establishment of LEON, an international fast-casual food restaurant, in Ireland
- Advised a MedTech SME on various fundraising rounds with multiple investors
- Acting for the shareholders of Thesaurus Software Limited (Brightpay), leading software payroll company on a significant share sale and investment by HG Capital
- Advising a number of start-ups and high growth companies on various fundraising rounds
- Advised a number of family offices on investments in privately held companies
- Advised lead investor in a Series A fundraising round in environmental sector
Get in Touch
The Importance of Written Partnership Agreements
What is a Partnership? Section 1(1) of the Partnership Act 1890 defines a partnership as the ‘relationship which...
10 Sep 2021
BHSM are listed by IFLR1000 in Legal Guide for Ireland 2021-2022
BHSM LLP are delighted to be recognised by the IFLR1000. We have been listed in their 2021-22 Legal Guide for Ireland...
21 Oct 2021