Practice Area - Investing in Ireland
Technology & Intellectual Property
Ireland has become the global technology hub of choice when it comes to attracting the strategic business activities of ICT companies. This has earned Ireland the reputation for being the heart of ICT in Europe, with 8 of the world’s top 10 software companies locating here. The industry employs over 37,000 people and generates €35 billion in exports annually.
With technology playing a key role in almost every business sector, BHSM advises a wide range of clients in this area.
Clients range from developers who create innovative and ground-breaking technologies, to clients who procure software services and products and need advice around protecting their investment and understanding their rights and entitlements.
A key focus is to ensure that the value of innovation developed by a business is protected, by having the appropriate legal documents in place. Our Corporate Department has extensive experience in preparing commercial contracts, software development and licensing agreements, as well as Intellectual Property clauses for consultancy agreements and employment contracts.
We are particularly proud to work with innovative and market changing clients in the financial technology sector.
We ensure that our clients are kept up to date with the ever-changing regulatory framework, enabling them to stay compliant. We focus on providing proactive advice to allow them to maximise their commercial opportunities.
With the introduction of GDPR in May 2018 and greater data protection obligations, we also increasingly advise businesses in the areas of data protection compliance and cyber security. Our aim is always to get an understanding of the client’s business and needs and provide practical advice specific to the business on the appropriate policies and procedures.
We also collaborate, where necessary, with our Litigation Department in dealing with any intellectual property infringements or data protection breaches.
- Software Development Agreements
- End User licences
- IT Maintenance and Service Level Agreements
- Cloud computing and data hosting contracts
- IP assignments
- Data Protection Compliance
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of Software as a Service Agreements (SaaS) for a major software technology engineering company.
- Advices regarding the protection of intellectual property during formation and share subscriptions for a Series A Funding for a Fintech start-up.
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of a White Label Agreement on behalf of a major international gaming company.
- Protection of intellectual property rights by way of cease and desist letters and service of enforcement proceedings on behalf of various clients.
Get in Touch
Report of the Irish Data Protection Commission highlights significant increase in complaints
The release of the 2019 Annual Report of the Irish Data Protection Commission on 20 February 2020 has revealed that the...
21 Feb 2020
BHSM advise Thesaurus Software Limited
Joe McVeigh, Eimear Grealy and the Corporate Team in BHSM were delighted to advise Thesaurus Software Ltd on the recent...
17 Sep 2018