Banking & Finance
Our Banking & Finance Department is complemented by, and works closely with, our Real Estate and Corporate Departments to provide a full service to our clients. This allows us to provide a client focused service tailored to the specific requirements of the particular transaction.
Our Banking & Finance Department advises both domestic and international lenders in all forms of secured and unsecured lending.
While we continue to act for the established finance providers, we are also engaged a by a number of the new players in the market who feel that they benefit from the efficiencies of a boutique Banking Department. We act for all types of borrower and lender, including corporates (SME and otherwise); partnerships; limited partnerships and private individuals in all forms of financing.
We act for buyers and sellers in connection with the sale of portfolios of performing and non-performing loans. We undertake due diligence on the loans, facilities and underlying assets, reviewing security, restructuring, debt settlement arrangements and enforcement.
We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of loan and security packages for the acquisition and development of real estate and the financing of corporate restructurings.
Our Banking & Finance Department draws on the skills and technical knowledge of solicitors from other parts of our Firm including; Real Estate; Construction, Private Client, Insolvency, Corporate and Litigation & Dispute Resolution.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Asset finance
- Project and construction finance
- Restructuring and re-financing
- Bilateral and syndicated lending
- Enforcement, to include pre-enforcement reviews
- Inter-company lending
- Advising the committee of unsecured creditors in connection with Irish aspects of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition for US pharmaceutical company.
- Consdorf Investments ICAV in connection with the financing of the acquisition of commercial properties across Ireland.
- Advising the purchaser / borrower in connection with the acquisition of Dublin central business district office investment in relation to the senior and mezzanine finance.
- Advising a UK lender in connection with the financing of a purchaser in the acquisition of Irish investment properties.
Find out more
When to notify Mergers & Acquisitions to the CCPC – did you know properties are sometimes relevant?!
Who are the CCPC? The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (“CCPC”) is an independent statutory body with...
18 Nov 2019
BHSM Advises Goldwing Real Estate on Acquisition & Financing of Eden Plaza
We were delighted to act for Goldwing Real Estate Plaza Limited in the acquisition and financing of the development...
22 Nov 2019