Our Debt Recovery team can help you to recover your debts, of whatever size, promptly and cost effectively. We provide a streamlined service from sending demands through to issuing proceedings, obtaining judgment and enforcement of same. Similarly, if an action is being taken against you, we have the legal expertise you need and can advise you of the options available to you.
We act for businesses of all sizes, both domestic and international, including lending institutions, professional services organisations and companies in the manufacturing, retail, and construction sectors.
Our team acts for major financial institutions in processing high volumes of repossession proceedings in relation to residential mortgage arrears. We process arrears cases before the Circuit Court and High Court. With our network of agents nationwide, we can progress cases efficiently.
We act for overseas clients who wish to recover debts in Ireland. In the current environment of uncertainty surrounding Brexit, we would advise all clients who have money judgments against UK Debtors to take steps to enforce these judgments before the reciprocal recognition system of EU Regulation 1215/2012 Brussels I Recast falls away if the UK leaves the EU.
We understand that maintaining steady cash-flow is a key business priority today.
We have a team of regulatory and compliance solicitors who are very aware of the constantly changing regulatory regime to which lenders must adhere, to ensure regulatory compliance when dealing with their customers.
We represent financial institutions in bringing objections to proposed personal insolvency arrangements. We have acted in a number of cases which have defined and shaped the landscape of personal insolvency law.
We advise clients in the following areas:
- Pre-Court actions to include letters of demand and statutory demands.
- Issuing proceedings in the appropriate Court.
- Enforcement of Judgments, including but not limited to, registration & publication of Judgments, execution through the Sheriff, registration of Judgment Mortgages and applying for Orders of Sale, Instalment Orders; Garnishee orders.
- Enforcement of foreign debts. We apply to the High Court to have judgments recognised in Ireland.
- Bankruptcy / Liquidations.
- Reviewing terms and conditions of business to maximise cash flow and to finance collection activity.
- High volume mortgage enforcement and recovery.
- We currently act on behalf of major Irish Financial Institutions to recover residential mortgaged properties by way of Voluntary Surrender, Voluntary Sale, Asset Receiver, and obtaining Orders for Possession in both the Circuit Court and the High Court.
- High volume collection of debts due to an Irish supplier of goods.
- Advising Credit Servicing firms in relation to Debt Collection and Asset Recovery cases.
- Advising Receivers on the validity of their Appointment over certain assets.
- Advising Receivers on issuing Injunctive proceedings.
- Advising financial institutions on the impact of the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and in presenting the borrower’s dealings to the Court.
- Acting for Secured Lenders in applications pursuant to Section 115A of the Personal Insolvency Acts.
- Advising SMEs and larger enterprises on recovery of debts through the Court process.
- Acting for Receivers in the Enforcement of RTB determinations.
Get in Touch
Briefing Note on the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2020
The General Scheme of the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2020 (“the 2020 Bill”) was published by the Minister...
26 Feb 2021
BHSM advises Welltel in acquisition of Capstone
BHSM’s Corporate Team, led by Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, were delighted to act for Welltel in the acquisition...
23 Apr 2021