Insolvency & Corporate Restructuring
Our Insolvency & Corporate Restructuring Department works with our Firm’s clients to provide practical and commercial advice. With considerable expertise in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency matters, we are in a position to provide the right advice in a timely manner.
We have extensive experience in advising clients on all aspects of examinerships, receiverships and liquidations.
We represent directors, shareholders, liquidators, receivers, examiners and lending institutions. We routinely attend at creditors' meetings on behalf of liquidators, creditors or company directors.
BHSM advises lending institutions, secured and unsecured creditors and shareholders where they may be exposed to an insolvent company or individual. We also advise company directors on their obligations, where their Company may be insolvent, which may involve the restructuring of their business. We also assist in the process of disposing of distressed assets.
We have experience in acting in all types of litigation arising from insolvency.
Our experience includes court liquidations; appointments of provisional liquidators; examinerships; receiverships; applications for the restriction and disqualification of directors; claims relating to fraudulent and reckless trading and professional negligence cases in the context of insolvent companies.
We advise clients in the following areas:
- Insolvency Litigation
- Asset Recovery
- Debt Recovery
- Obligations of directors, shareholders and creditors of entities in financial difficulty
- The prosecution and defence of restriction and disqualification applications, pursuant to the Companies Act 2014
- BHSM are currently advising the Liquidator in the case of Pembroke Dynamic Services Limited (In Liquidation), concerning the Ammado Charity
- Advising a group of retail pharmacies through a successful examinership process
- BHSM is also the retained Irish Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the U.S corporate bankruptcy case of Aralez Pharmaceuticals
- Acting on behalf of the Examiner in the examinership of a well-known Dublin City Centre Hotel
Get in Touch
Insolvency Update – Government Approves Extension of Interim Period of 150 Days in Examinerships
The interim period of the Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (COVID-19) Act 2020 (“the Act”) has been extended to...
27 May 2021
BHSM advise on Mothercare Group winding up of Irish operations
BHSM recently advised the Mothercare Group in relation to the winding of its Irish operations. Mothercare was a long...
30 Jun 2020
BHSM Act for Liquidator in Successful Restriction Application with Judgment Delivered Electronically
Mark Homan and Sarah O’Toole in our Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring Department acted on behalf of Aiden...
1 May 2020