Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department is highly experienced in cases initiated before all Courts in Ireland. In particular, we regularly advise in complex High Court and Commercial Court actions on behalf of domestic and international clients.
Our experienced practitioners advise and represent clients in a wide range of commercial disputes.
Our work spans shareholder disputes, professional negligence actions, property disputes, breach of contract claims, repossession claims, planning disputes and high value debt recovery claims.
BHSM recognises that litigation can be a distraction for businesses and individuals, and we aim to resolve disputes quickly, with minimum exposure to legal costs.
We specialise in all aspects of alternative dispute resolution, advising clients in mediations and arbitrations, where appropriate.
We advise clients in the following areas:
- Complex High Court & Commercial Court litigation
- Breach of contract claims
- Professional negligence claims
- Complex commercial disputes
- Company law disputes
- Planning disputes
- Personal injury litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Debt recovery litigation
- Advised a lending institution in a professional negligence claim in relation to defective title to an apartment complex.
- Advised a leading international bloodstock agency in a multi-jurisdictional dispute heard by The Commercial Court.
- Advised a landlord of a commercial building in an action against a pillar bank arising from the wrongful enforcement of security.
Get in Touch
Briefing Note on the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2020
The General Scheme of the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2020 (“the 2020 Bill”) was published by the Minister...
26 Feb 2021
BHSM LLP Feature in Fingal Chamber Network Magazine
BHSM LLP are delighted to feature in the inaugural edition of the Fingal Chamber Network Magazine. Mark Homan and...
20 Apr 2021
BHSM Makes Senior Appointment to Healthcare & Life Sciences Team
BHSM are delighted to announce the appointment of David Scott (pictured left) as a Senior Associate in our Healthcare...
25 Nov 2019