Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department is highly experienced in cases initiated before all Courts in Ireland. In particular, we regularly advise in complex High Court and Commercial Court actions on behalf of domestic and international clients.
Our experienced practitioners advise and represent clients in a wide range of commercial disputes.
Our work spans shareholder disputes, professional negligence actions, property disputes, breach of contract claims, repossession claims, planning disputes and high value debt recovery claims.
BHSM recognises that litigation can be a distraction for businesses and individuals, and we aim to resolve disputes quickly, with minimum exposure to legal costs.
We specialise in all aspects of alternative dispute resolution, advising clients in mediations and arbitrations, where appropriate.
We advise clients in the following areas:
- Complex High Court & Commercial Court litigation
- Breach of contract claims
- Professional negligence claims
- Complex commercial disputes
- Company law disputes
- Planning disputes
- Personal injury litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Debt recovery litigation
- Advised a lending institution in a professional negligence claim in relation to defective title to an apartment complex.
- Advised a leading international bloodstock agency in a multi-jurisdictional dispute heard by The Commercial Court.
- Advised a landlord of a commercial building in an action against a pillar bank arising from the wrongful enforcement of security.
Get in Touch
Update on Court Sittings – COVID-19
A statement was released on 13th March 2020 outlining updated measures which would be taken by the Courts Service to...
16 Mar 2020
BHSM Makes Senior Appointment to Healthcare & Life Sciences Team
BHSM are delighted to announce the appointment of David Scott (pictured left) as a Senior Associate in our Healthcare...
25 Nov 2019
BHSM host subgroup meeting of CIArb
BHSM were delighted to host the meeting of The Chartered Institute of Arbitration Irish Branch Arbitration Rules...
2 Jul 2019