Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Corporate Department has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions. We have acted for both purchasers and sellers in a range of sectors including life sciences, healthcare, retail, technology, communications and manufacturing sectors.
We regularly advise in share and asset sales and purchases by way of private equity, management buyouts, joint ventures, strategic investments and distressed sales.
Our focus is to work with our clients to develop a clear understanding of their objectives.
This enables us to provide appropriate, practical advice to get the deal done efficiently and in a way that meets those objectives.
In addition to dealing with corporate elements of M&A transactions, our Team draws on experience in key areas including employment law, intellectual property, technology, data protection, property, competition and banking to provide a comprehensive and cohesive service to our client.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Legal due diligence
- Pre-sale re-organisations
- Share sale and purchases
- Asset sale and purchases
- Management buyouts
- Corporate financing
- Competition law advice
- Advice on TUPE regulations and other employee-related matters
- Advisors to the Welltel Group in its expansion through the acquisitions of ATS Group (2017) EyrCo Communications (2018), Invistech (2019), Globalnet Solutions trading as Novi (2020) and Intellicom Ireland (2020)
- Acting for the Hale Retail Group, one of Ireland’s leading suppliers and distributors or e-cigarette and tobacco cessation products, in the expansion of its business through the acquisition of VIP e-Cig Ireland
- Acting for Staunton Investments in the acquisition of Spectrum Telecom Installations, a leading provider of telecommunications wireless solutions based in Galway and Kildare
- Advised 35 Irish accountancy firms in their consolidation to Xeinadin, one of the largest accountancy firms in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Acting for an Esports Gaming League start-up in its acquisition by a Nasdaq listed esports entertainment and online gambling operator
- Advisors to National Plastics and Packaging Holdings, a leading packaging provider, in the strategic acquisitions of various companies and businesses
- Acting in both the sale and purchase of numerous retail pharmacies and pharmacy groups throughout Ireland with the provision of the related regulatory advices
- Acted for the senior management team in the management buy out of the business of a leading marketing solutions provider specialising in the print, design and promotional goods
- Acting for a stationary supplier in Ireland in multiple acquisitions in its horizontal and vertical growth strategy in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Acted for in excess of 20 separate goodwill sales for general practitioners to Centric Health, a corporate medical services provider
- Advisors to the shareholders of Clinch Technology Limited in relation to the sale of shares to Pageup People Limited
Get in Touch
Merger Control and COVID-19: Changes to Merger Notification Process
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (the “CCPC”) is developing a...
7 Apr 2020
BHSM advises Welltel in acquisition of Capstone
BHSM’s Corporate Team, led by Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, were delighted to act for Welltel in the acquisition...
23 Apr 2021
BHSM Advise Welltel on Intellicom Ireland Acquisition
Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, Corporate, and Conor MacNally, Banking & Finance, were delighted to advise Welltel...
11 Aug 2020