Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Corporate Department has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions. We have acted for both purchasers and sellers in a range of sectors including life sciences, healthcare, retail, technology, communications and manufacturing sectors.
We regularly advise in share and asset sales and purchases by way of private equity, management buyouts, joint ventures, strategic investments and distressed sales.
Our focus is to work with our clients to develop a clear understanding of their objectives.
This enables us to provide appropriate, practical advice to get the deal done efficiently and in a way that meets those objectives.
In addition to dealing with corporate elements of M&A transactions, our Team draws on experience in key areas including employment law, intellectual property, technology, data protection, property, competition and banking to provide a comprehensive and cohesive service to our client.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Legal due diligence
- Pre-sale re-organisations
- Share sale and purchases
- Asset sale and purchases
- Management buyouts
- Corporate financing
- Competition law advice
- Advice on TUPE regulations and other employee-related matters
- Advisors to one of Ireland’s largest telecommunications providers in a number of acquisitions
- Advice to the shareholders of Clinch Technology Limited in relation to the sale of shares to Pageup People Limited
- Advice to a family office in a joint venture with a pan-European real estate investment manager on the corporate structuring for the acquisition of a commercial property in Dublin
- Advice to National Plastics and Packaging (Holdings) Limited a leading packaging provider in the strategic acquisitions of various companies and businesses
- Advisors to the shareholders of MarketHub Technologies Limited on the sale of shares to Imagotag/SES
- Advising the shareholders of BioClin Laboratories Limited on its sale to Almac Group
- Acting for the shareholders of Direct Medical, a healthcare service company on the sale of shares to Airsol S.R.L], an Italian public company
- Advising on the corporate and finance elements of various commercial property acquisitions and developments in Dublin
- Acted for in excess of 20 separate goodwill sales for general practitioners to Centric Health, a corporate medical services provider
- Advisors to Advisory and Accounting Firm HLB Sheehan Quinn on their merger with Conlan Crotty Murray & Co
- Acting in both the sale and purchase of numerous retail pharmacies throughout Ireland
Get in Touch
Merger Control and COVID-19: Changes to Merger Notification Process
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (the “CCPC”) is developing a...
7 Apr 2020
BHSM advise on Mothercare Group winding up of Irish operations
BHSM recently advised the Mothercare Group in relation to the winding of its Irish operations. Mothercare was a long...
30 Jun 2020