Our Private Client Team offers a range of legal and advisory services to meet our clients’ and their families’ individual requirements. We provide a professional, personalised and discreet service in order to address the legal issues which arise for our clients.
Our Private Client Team works with clients in the making of wills and identifying asset protection initiatives, such as establishing trusts to protect current and future assets.
We provide expert advice on a range of other areas including administration of estates and related taxation, advice surrounding capacity as well as assisting clients in the acquisition, disposal and mortgage of residential property.
We recognise that litigation in the area of estate administration has grown considerably over the last number of years and therefore, so to has the importance of receiving specialised and skilled advice which is based on experience and accreditation.
You can rest assured that our team has extensive expertise advising clients on contentious and non-contentious Probate litigation, which includes matters such as validity and construction of Wills, proving Wills in terms of a copy, capacity of both the Testator and Legal Personal Representatives, rival applications for Grant of Representation, appointment of Administrators ad Litem, claims of promissory estoppel, claims by a spouse, claims by children (Section 117 applications) and seeking to have a spouse deemed unworthy to succeed.
BHSM has considerable experience in acting for private pension schemes and trusts in the acquisition and disposal of residential property as part of estate planning.
Our Private Client Team draws on the skills and technical knowledge of Professionals from other Departments within our Firm, enabling us to provide a holistic and complete service for our clients, including our Real Estate, Corporate, Insolvency and Litigation Departments.
- Acting in the acquisition, disposal, mortgage and re-mortgage of residential property
- Advising in relation to estate planning
- Drafting of wills and trusts
- Extraction of all forms of Grants of Representation, including those with an international dimension
- Deeds of Family Arrangements and Disclaimers
- Pre Nuptial agreements
- Contentious and Non-Contentious Probate litigation
- Enduring Powers of Attorney and Wards of Court
- Advising on Inheritance tax, tax reliefs and all other related taxation
- Acting for an executive pension scheme in the acquisition of a commercial property
- Advising high net worth clients on the structuring of their estate
- Drafting Trusts for high net worth clients
- Defence of Promissory estoppel proceedings
- Advising UK and US resident Legal Personal Representatives in extracting ROI Grants of Administration and resulting tax implications for non-domiciled Testators
- Advising large charitable organisation on charitable bequests and the administration of estates
Get in Touch
Procedure for Extracting a Grant of Representation in Ireland – Cross Border Estates
Foreign Domicile Domicile should not be confused with tax residency or nationality. The country of Domicile is...
13 Aug 2020
BHSM Makes Senior Appointment to Private Client Team
BHSM are delighted to announce the appointment of Trea McGuinness as a Senior Associate in our Private Client...
17 Apr 2020