Technology & Intellectual Property
Technology plays a key role in almost every business sector. We advise a wide range of clients in this area - from developers who create innovative and ground-breaking technologies, to clients who procure software services and products and need advice around protecting their investment and understanding their rights and entitlements.
A key focus is to ensure that the value of innovation developed by a business is protected, by having the appropriate legal documents in place.
Our Corporate Team has extensive experience in preparing commercial contracts, software development and licensing agreements, as well as Intellectual Property clauses for consultancy agreements and employment contracts.
We are particularly proud to work with innovative and market changing clients in the financial technology sector. We ensure that our clients are kept up to date with the ever-changing regulatory framework, enabling them to stay compliant. We focus on providing proactive advice to allow them to maximise their commercial opportunities.
With the introduction of GDPR in May 2018 and greater data protection obligations, we also increasingly advise businesses in the areas of data protection compliance and cyber security.
Our aim is always to get an understanding of the client’s business and needs and provide practical advice, specific to the business, on the appropriate policies and procedures.
We also collaborate, where necessary, with our Litigation Department in dealing with any intellectual property infringements or data protection breaches.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Software Development Agreements
- End User Licences
- IT Maintenance and Service Level Agreements
- Cloud computing and Data Hosting Contracts
- IP Assignments
- Data Protection Compliance
- Conducted a legal due diligence exercise involving complex intellectual property arrangements and portfolios
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of Software as a Service Agreements (SaaS) for a major software technology engineering company
- Advices regarding the protection of intellectual property during formation and share subscriptions for a Series A Funding for a Fintech start-up
- Managing change of ownership, change of representative and renewal of European Union Trade Marks
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of a White Label Agreement on behalf of a major international gaming company
- Protection of intellectual property rights by way of cease and desist letters and service of enforcement proceedings on behalf of various clients
- Advised tech start-up on the drafting and implementation of a cryptocurrency mining services agreement
Get in Touch
Open Banking, Payment Services and the GDPR
In December 2020, the European Data Protection Board adopted new guidelines in relation to the relationship between the...
10 Feb 2021
BHSM advise Thesaurus Software Limited
Joe McVeigh, Eimear Grealy and the Corporate Team in BHSM were delighted to advise Thesaurus Software Ltd on the recent...
17 Sep 2018