Control of your personal data
BHSM is the data controller and is responsible for the personal data we obtain through your use of the Website.
The personal data we collect
We may collect, process, store and transfer the following types of your personal data:
- Identity and Contact Data such as your name, email address, phone number and any further personal data of this type which you include when completing the ‘Message’ box under the ‘Make an Enquiry’ section of the Website.
- Technical Data such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographic location, operating system and the date and time you access sections of our website.
- Usage Data such as the people or services you searched for or viewed, the length of time you spent on a particular page and page interaction information.
- Marketing Data such as data relating to your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us, where you have informed us that you are interested in receiving news and updates produced by BHSM. You can update your preferences in relation to receiving Marketing Data at any time and can easily unsubscribe from anything which you do not wish to receive by using the unsubscribe function at the bottom of the email we send or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data via:
- Direct Interactions when completing the ‘Make an Enquiry’ section of the Website. We may also collect your personal data when communicating with us via email, telephone or otherwise.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when permitted by law to do so and then only for the purposes set out below, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use your personal data for another purpose compatible with the original purpose. If we are required to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the below, we will notify you accordingly and describe the relevant legal basis allowing us to do so.
|Purpose/activity||Type of Data||Legal basis for processing|
|To respond to queries submitted through the ‘Make an Enquiry’ section of our Website.||
|To maintain the Website (including system maintenance, troubleshooting or data analysis).||
How we disclose your personal data
Any third party to whom your personal data is disclosed following your use of the Website is only permitted to process your personal data for a specified purpose in accordance with our instructions and the law. For the purposes of conducting the processing activities outlined in the table above, it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following third parties from time to time:
- External IT Providers such as IT systems and support organisations and website hosting providers; and
- Public or Government Authorities in the event that we are required to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
How we secure your personal data
How long we keep your personal data
Furthermore, we examine any potential risk of harm which may result from any unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data in addition to the purposes for which we process this data and the possibility of realising such purposes through alternative means. We also retain personal data where required by law to do so, or where such retention is justified under applicable statutory limitation periods.
Links to Third-party Websites
Your Legal Rights
- Request access to your personal data – you are entitled to request and receive a copy of the personal data which we hold about you.
- Object to the processing of your personal data – in the event that we relying on the legal basis of our legitimate interest (or the legitimate interest of a third party) in order to process your personal data collected through your use of our Website, you may be entitled to object to this processing if you believe that such processing impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some instances, we may demonstrate that we have a compelling legitimate basis to process your personal data which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Withdraw consent – you are entitled to withdraw consent to our processing activities in relation to your personal data at any time, in the event that we rely on consent as the legal basis for such processing activity. Any such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data which is carried out by us prior to you withdrawing your consent.
- Request correction – you are entitled to have any outdated or inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated and corrected.
- Request restriction – you are entitled to request that we suspend the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- You wish for us to establish the accuracy of the relevant personal data;
- Our processing of your personal data is unlawful and you wish to suspend our processing of your personal data rather than erase it;
- You require the personal data which we hold about you in order for you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims (even if we no longer require it); or
- You have objected to our processing of your personal data but BHSM is required to obtain it in order to verify whether we have a legitimate legal basis to process it.
- Request erasure – you are entitled to request that we delete personal data which we hold about you as a result of your access and use of our Website should you consider that we have unlawfully processed your personal data, you have exercised your right to object to our processing (as outlined above), or we are required to erase such data in order to comply with the law. We may not always be in a position to comply with your request of erasure for certain specific legal reasons, which if applicable will be notified to you following your request.
- Request transfer – in the event that we processed your personal data obtained through your use of the Website in order to perform a contract with you, or you initially had provided us with consent to use automated information, we will provide you or your chosen third party with your personal data in a commonly used machine-readable format at your request.
- Right to contact the Data Protection Commission – You are entitled to make a complaint at any time to the Irish data protection supervisory authority (https://www.dataprotection.ie/) in relation to our processing of your personal data pursuant to your use of the BHSM Website. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to respond to any concern you may have in the first instance so please do contact us should you have any concerns in relation to such processing.