Banking & Finance
Our Banking & Finance Department has considerable experience advising lenders and borrowers in all aspects of property finance, asset finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, project and construction finance, restructuring and re-financing.
We work with all forms of lenders (both traditional and new lenders into the market) and borrowers on a wide range of secured and unsecured finance transactions.
We have advised a number of international lenders and funds on Irish corporate law considerations when lending and investing into Ireland and also in relation to insolvency and the options available for unwinding investments. We have also been heavily involved in advising both buyers and sellers regarding the sale of portfolios of performing and non-performing loans.
Our clients include domestic and international financial institutions, alternative debt providers, corporations, investment funds, pension funds, as well as private clients. We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of loan and security packages for the acquisition and development of real estate and the financing of corporate restructurings.
We provide commercially-focused advice and solutions at all times to ensure our clients receive an efficient, client-centric service.
Our Banking & Finance Department works closely with both our Corporate and Real Estate Departments to ensure our clients receive comprehensive and clear advice in relation to each aspect of their transaction.
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Asset finance
- Project and construction finance
- Restructuring and re-financing
- Bilateral and syndicated lending
- Enforcement, to include pre-enforcement reviews
- Intercompany lending
- Acting for the purchasers / borrowers in the acquisition of pharmacy practices / businesses.
- Acting for a UK lender in relation to its lending for the acquisition of an Irish investment property.
- Acting for the purchaser in connection with the acquisition of a Dublin central business district office block of c. €37 million.
- Advising a global bank in relation to the amendment and restatement of a financing with multijurisdictional aspects, relating to a chain of European hostels / hotels.
- Acting for the Committee of unsecured creditors in the USA bankruptcy hearing of a large multijurisdictional pharmaceutical company.
Get in Touch
Ultimate Beneficial Owners – Time to Disclose?
The European Union (Anti-Money Laundering: Beneficial Ownership of Corporate Entities) Regulations 2019 (“the 2019...
11 Sep 2019
BHSM Announce Two New Partners
BHSM are delighted to announce the expansion of our Firm with the appointment of two new partners, Richard Lee,...
9 Oct 2019