Banking & Finance
Our Banking & Finance Department has considerable experience advising lenders and borrowers in all aspects of property finance, asset finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, project and construction finance, restructuring and re-financing.
We work with all forms of lenders (both traditional and new lenders into the market) and borrowers on a wide range of secured and unsecured finance transactions.
We have advised a number of international lenders and funds on Irish corporate law considerations when lending and investing into Ireland and also in relation to insolvency and the options available for unwinding investments. We have also been heavily involved in advising both buyers and sellers regarding the sale of portfolios of performing and non-performing loans.
Our clients include domestic and international financial institutions, alternative debt providers, corporations, investment funds, pension funds, as well as private clients. We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of loan and security packages for the acquisition and development of real estate and the financing of corporate restructurings.
We provide commercially-focused advice and solutions at all times to ensure our clients receive an efficient, client-centric service.
Our Banking & Finance Department works closely with both our Corporate and Real Estate Departments to ensure our clients receive comprehensive and clear advice in relation to each aspect of their transaction.
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Asset finance
- Project and construction finance
- Restructuring and re-financing
- Bilateral and syndicated lending
- Enforcement, to include pre-enforcement reviews
- Intercompany lending
- Acting for a dynamic Dublin based property developer and related investors in connection with funding the acquisition and development of: an iconic mixed use retail, office and hotel complex in Dublin city centre; a multi-use development site at Sandyford, Dublin 18; an office development site at Dawson Street, Dublin 2; an office development site at Northwall Quay, Dublin 1; and an office space at Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
- Acting for major Irish telecoms company, Welltel Ireland, in financing the acquisition of a number of key target telecoms operator
- Acting for an Irish investment firm and pension fund in connection with the raising of capital and investment opportunities in real estate
- Acting for a multijurisdictional property group in connection with the refinancing and restructuring of its debt, secured on a major industrial park in West Dublin
- Acting for a non-bank lender, Sancus BMS (Ireland) Limited, in connection with bridging loan finance to a number of Irish corporates
- Acting for a UK lender in relation to the refinancing and restructuring of facilities secured on Irish assets made available to an Irish borrower
- Acting for an Isle of Man based property developer in connection with the acquisition and development of a large residential site in Harolds Cross, Dublin 6
Get in Touch
BHSM delighted to advise Elgin Energy on €36 million Berenberg loan for solar energy projects
A BHSM LLP Team headed by Giles Smyth were delighted to advise Elgin Energy on property, banking and corporate aspects...
31 Aug 2021
BHSM are listed by IFLR1000 in Legal Guide for Ireland 2021-2022
BHSM LLP are delighted to be recognised by the IFLR1000. We have been listed in their 2021-22 Legal Guide for Ireland...
21 Oct 2021
BHSM LLP Announces Expansion of Banking & Real Estate Teams
BHSM LLP has announced the appointment of Anne Marie Jennings (pictured centre) and Greg Gannon (pictured right). Anne...
29 Jun 2021