The Charities Sector in Ireland is made up of almost 10,000 charities and close to 20,000 not-for-profit organisations. These Charitable organisations provide a much needed service in Ireland. The Charities Sector is valued at roughly €15 billion per annum in Ireland.
Our Charities Department call on members from our Firm’s other Departments, particularly the Corporate and Real Estate Departments, as needed, to deliver a full service.
We act for many charities, not-for-profit organisations and community groups. We can manage the formation process of a charity including, but not limited to, set-up, registration with the Charities Regulator and applying for charitable tax exemption from the Irish Revenue Commissioners.
- Setting up structure, re-organising and mergers
- Fundraising and grants
- Intellectual property and data protection
- Codes of conduct and education
- Estates, trusts and property transactions
- Advised a number of charities in relation to ongoing legal issues, including corporate governance and their obligations pursuant to the Charities Regulator.
- Advised an Irish charity in relation to a restructure and attended at its AGM in an advisory capacity.
- Advised an Irish charity in relation to a relocation of its premises and issues arising.
- Acted for a liquidator in a High Court Liquidation impacting on a number of charities and liaising with Counsel for the Charities Regulator in that regard.
- Advised on the set up and corporate governance issues of a charity affiliated to a Dublin school and advising in relation to ongoing day to issues.
- Advised on the proposed merger of two charities, including the due diligence process and the drafting of documents.
- Advised a liquidator in the winding up of a well-known Irish charity.
- Advised a charity on legislative requirements relating to changes in trustees and fundraising and governance policies.
Find out more
Remote Working and Data Security
As the economy gradually begins to reopen, remote working continues to be in place for a large number of Irish...
26 Jun 2020
International Women’s Day 2020
BHSM recently hosted a coffee morning in honour of International Women’s Day. This is a day when we celebrate...
10 Mar 2020
NureNet Business Network Breakfast Meeting raising funds for Suicide or Survive
Richard Lee recently attended the NureNet Business Network Breakfast Meeting raising funds for Suicide or...
27 Feb 2020