Construction & Engineering
The Construction & Engineering sector in Ireland is operating at a fast and growing pace to keep up with the demand for commercial and residential premises. Our Construction, Environment & Planning Team assists a variety of clients in the industry - from developers to architects, engineers, project managers and specialist contractors.
We pride ourselves on partnering strategically with our clients, taking projects from the initial planning stages, through construction and delivery of completed projects.
We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of Building Contracts, Development Agreements, Forward Funding Agreements, Development Management Agreements, Interface Agreements, Professional Appointments & Warranties.
We have current market experience in bonds and bonding; guarantees and sureties; liens and other security interests; tendering; construction claims and related consultancy contracts.
We offer bespoke individual advice on all aspects.
Outside of the documents more frequently encountered by clients, we provide individual advice on all areas of both contentious and non-contentious construction and development.
The Construction, Environment & Planning Team work closely with our Real Estate, Corporate and Litigation & Dispute Resolution Departments to deliver a full service and limit the risk to our clients.
We have a wealth of experience in advising Construction & Engineering clients in the areas of:
- Construction Contracts
- Financing of Construction and Development Projects
- Planning and Environmental Law
- Construction Disputes
- Warranty Claims for Property Defects
- Retention of Title Claims
- Contractor and Developer Insolvency
- Advising on construction contracts, warranties and development finance in office and multi-use building.
- Advising on environmental aspect of acquisition of brown field sites, including review and advice of EPA licences.
- Advising a consortium of investors (private and institutional) on its acquisition, development and pre-let of a prominent city centre office premises.
- Advising on warranty claims on property defects, including review of title defect, in the insurance industry.
- Advising a developer on site assembly and negotiation of its design and build contract for the development of a landmark Dublin pub.
- Advising a purchaser on the acquisition, development and pre-let of a well-known Dublin office premises.
Get in touch
Rules of Renting in a Rent Pressure Zone: what landlords need to know
Cobh in Cork, Baltinglass in Wicklow, Piltown in Kilkenny and Sligo-Strandhill in Sligo are the latest areas to be...
4 Mar 2020
BHSM advise on Mothercare Group winding up of Irish operations
BHSM recently advised the Mothercare Group in relation to the winding of its Irish operations. Mothercare was a long...
30 Jun 2020