Our Healthcare Team has extensive experience and a solid reputation for advising many of Ireland’s healthcare professionals in all aspects of their businesses. We have particular expertise in assisting GPs, consultants, physios and vets in issues concerning partnerships, incorporation, property, restructuring and regulatory matters.
We have advised a great number of healthcare professionals on the sale of their practices to colleagues or to corporate entities.
We recently advised on the disposal of a primary care group and have advised scores of GPs on succession and business sale issues.
Where necessary, our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department has acted to protect our clients’ rights in terms of potential issues or disputes. We have been successful in managing disputes from issues such as GDPR breaches, employment matters and partnership disputes.
We understand the nuances of interacting with the HSE and the importance of this to the operation of your practice and your business.
Team Lead, Joe McVeigh, is a member of the Business Medical Group, which regularly lectures to GPs. The Healthcare Team works closely with our Firm’s other Departments, particularly the Employment and Real Estate Departments to deliver a full service to our Healthcare clients.
We advise healthcare professionals in the areas of:
- Partnership agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Employment matters
- Sales of goodwill or equity
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Acquisition and disposal of primary care centres
- Advised on a partnership agreement for Ireland’s largest group of medical consultancy partnership
- As a member of the Business Medical Group, we specialise in advising general medical practitioners regarding partnership agreements, sale of goodwill, partnership disputes and issues relating to the GMS contract with the HSE
- Advised numerous GPs on the entry into partnership and the sale of goodwill to corporate medical services providers
- Advised a number of independent vets on corporate or shareholder agreements as well as sales of goodwill to other vets and corporate institutions
- Advised vets on the sale to corporate veterinary providers such as IVC, CVS and Highfield Veterinary
Find out more
The Regulation of Medical Devices – Contracting to Compliance
The new Medical Device Regulations (MDR) will come into force across the EU on 26 May 2021. The new Regulations will...
25 May 2020
Legislators, Regulators and Innovators – The EU MDR Matrix
David Scott of BHSM will be giving a presentation on “Legislators, Regulators and Innovators – The EU MDR...
24 Feb 2020
BHSM Advises on Acquisition of Action Primary Care Portfolio
We were delighted to act for the Valley Healthcare Fund in the acquisition of a portfolio of primary care centres from...
28 Nov 2019