Investment & Fundraisings
Our Investment and Fundraisings Team works with private equity and venture capital investors, both nationally and internationally. By representing investors and also investee companies, we have a wealth of experience in advising the relevant parties from angel investors to private equity and venture capitalists.
Our Investment and Fundraisings Team has extensive experience and depth of knowledge gained from acting for numerous companies and investors in a range of industries.
Our experience spans the pharmaceutical, technology, manufacturing, retail and renewable energy sectors, from start-up companies to multinational groups.
By understanding both the market which is the subject of the investment, and our client’s priorities, we adopt a practical and efficient approach. This ensures that the requirements for the proposed investment are met and that the parties have the requisite protections.
We draw on the experience of our colleagues in the Property Department, where the proposed investment includes property assets, and from our Regulatory colleagues, as necessary, to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
We advise clients in the areas of:
- Investment agreements
- Share subscription agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Convertible loan note instruments
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Corporate governance
- Amendments to constitutional documentation
- Acting for the promoter company in fundraising for the establishment of LEON, an international fast-casual food restaurant, in Ireland
- Advised a MedTech SME on various fundraising rounds with multiple investors
- Acting for the shareholders of Thesaurus Software Limited (Brightpay), leading software payroll company on a significant share sale and investment by HG Capital
- Advising a number of start-ups and high growth companies on various fundraising rounds
- Advised a number of family offices on investments in privately held companies
- Advised lead investor in a Series A fundraising round in environmental sector
Get in Touch
TRENDS Magazine – Insolvency & Restructuring – Issue 2, 2021
Sarah O’Toole, BHSM LLP, features in the latest Trends Insolvency & Restructuring Publication by The Law...
3 Mar 2021
BHSM LLP Welcomes Two New Solicitors
BHSM LLP has announced the appointment of Ruth Crawley (pictured below right) and JJ McLoughlin (pictured below...
8 Jan 2021