Our Licensing Team has considerable experience and skill in acting for clients in the sale, purchase and leasing of licenced premises, including hotels, public houses, restaurants and off licence premises.
We act for a number of developers and investors who deal with licenced premises and also a large number of hoteliers, publicans, restaurant and off licence owners.
Our experience in this area extends to dealing with licensing matters, to include providing advices and acting for clients in applications for ad interim and full transfers of various licences, restaurant certificates, special restaurant licences, public dance and music and singing licences. We also provide services in relation to the renewal of licences at the Annual Licensing sitting each September.
Our Team can also provide commercial advices in selling or acquiring hotels and other licenced premises, including drafting and negotiating business transfer agreements, employment and TUPE advice, joint ventures, franchising, branding and competition matters.
Our Licensing Team draws on the skills and technical knowledge of Solicitors from other parts of our Firm including; Real Estate, Private Client, Corporate and Litigation & Dispute Resolution.
- Advising in relation to licensing requirements
- Renewals of annual licences
- Ad Interim and full transfers of licences and restaurant certificates
- Advising in relation to pandemic driven terrace and on street dining where such areas are outside of the licenced area
- Advising and representing a restaurant premises in its application for a new Music and Singing Licence
- Acting on behalf of an Isle of Man Company in its application for a Special Restaurant Licence at a Dublin City Centre location
- Acting for a property developer in the ad interim transfer of a licence, further to the acquisition of a licenced premises
- Acting in the full transfer of restaurant certificates for a nationwide restaurant chain
Get in Touch
Waiver of Stamp Duty and Excise Duty for On-Licences
As part of the Government’s package of measures to support the hospitality industry, a waiver of the Excise Duty for...
28 Sep 2020
BHSM LLP Makes Senior Appointment to Commercial Real Estate Team
BHSM LLP are delighted to announce the appointment of James Lawless as a Senior Associate in our Commercial Real Estate...
12 Jul 2021