Our Life Sciences Team has experience advising companies involved in all aspects of the healthcare industry, including pharmaceutical and medical device companies, healthcare and medical supply logistics companies and healthcare providers. We advise a wide range of companies in the life sciences industry with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to new enterprises.
Our Life Sciences Team advises on a wide range of matters that arise for companies in the life sciences industry.
Our Team has experience in all aspects of law relevant to life sciences including clinical trials, commercial and research services agreements, intellectual property, regulatory matters, corporate structuring and commercial contracts.
Our Life Sciences Team also has experience providing support to in-house legal teams for a range of companies within the life sciences industry. We provide practical support regarding the standard operations of such companies, as well as high level project support on regulatory matters.
Our Team closely interacts with other practice areas within our Firm to provide a full range of services to companies in the life sciences industries.
Services include venture capital; private equity and other fundraising structures; mergers and acquisitions; data protection issues and employment matters.
We advise companies in the areas of:
- Clinical Trials
- Commercial Contracts
- Regulatory Matters
- Intellectual Property
- Advising a FTSE 500 company on the implementation of measures regarding the serialisation requirements under the Falsified Medicines Directive
- On-going advice to an international pharmaceutical company on a wide range of commercial contracts underlying the implementation of clinical trials
- Advising start-up and early stage companies in relation to their corporate structures, commercial agreements and regulatory frameworks
- Advising companies through the pre and post-market fundraising process
- Advising Irish clients in relation to the medical device regulatory classification and certification process
- Advising economic operators, to include manufacturers, distributors and Authorised Representatives in relation to their commercial agreements and regulatory obligations
- Advising wearable fitness technology manufacturers in relation to the potential impact of the Medical Device Regulations on the development and marketing of their products
- Advising mobile app and artificial intelligence healthcare innovators in relation to their regulatory obligations and compliance
- Advising an Irish private equity company in relation to its investment in an early-stage pharmaceutical company
Get in Touch
Medical Device Supply Chains in the Age of COVID-19
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies engaged in the import and distribution of PPE and COVID-19 related...
3 Sep 2020
Legislators, Regulators and Innovators – The EU MDR Matrix
David Scott of BHSM will be giving a presentation on “Legislators, Regulators and Innovators – The EU MDR...
24 Feb 2020
BHSM Makes Senior Appointment to Healthcare & Life Sciences Team
BHSM are delighted to announce the appointment of David Scott (pictured left) as a Senior Associate in our Healthcare...
25 Nov 2019