Our Life Sciences Team has experience advising companies involved in all aspects of the healthcare industry, including pharmaceutical and medical device companies, healthcare and medical supply logistics companies and healthcare providers. We advise a wide range of companies in the life sciences industry with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to new enterprises.
Our Life Sciences Team advises on a wide range of matters that arise for companies in the life sciences industry.
Our Team has experience in all aspects of law relevant to life sciences including clinical trials, commercial and research services agreements, intellectual property, regulatory matters, corporate structuring and commercial contracts.
Our Life Sciences Team also has experience providing support to in-house legal teams for a range of companies within the life sciences industry. We provide practical support regarding the standard operations of such companies, as well as high level project support on regulatory matters.
Our Team closely interacts with other practice areas within our Firm to provide a full range of services to companies in the life sciences industries.
Services include venture capital; private equity and other fundraising structures; mergers and acquisitions; data protection issues and employment matters.
We advise companies in the areas of:
- Clinical Trials
- Commercial Contracts
- Regulatory Matters
- Intellectual Property
- Advising a FTSE 500 company on the implementation of measures regarding the serialisation requirements under the Falsified Medicines Directive
- Advices to an international pharmaceutical company on a wide range of commercial contracts underlying the implementation of clinical trials
- Advised a MedTech SME on various fundraising rounds with multiple investors
- Acting for a US publicly listed multi-national pharmaceutical’s company on clinical trials and development of novel therapies to modulate the endocannabinoid system
- Advising start-up and early stage companies in relation to their corporate structures, commercial agreements and regulatory frameworks
- Advising economic operators, to include manufacturers, distributors and Authorised Representatives in relation to their commercial agreements and regulatory obligations
- Advised Medical Supply Company on the acquisition of Isolation Technology Limited
- Advising on the sale of Bioclin Laboratories to Almac
- Acting for the shareholders of Direct Medical, a healthcare service company to Airsol S.R.L. an Italian public company
- Advising companies through the pre and post-market fundraising process
- Advising Irish clients in relation to the medical device regulatory classification and certification process
Get in Touch
Medical Device Supply Chains in the Age of COVID-19
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies engaged in the import and distribution of PPE and COVID-19 related...
3 Sep 2020
Legislators, Regulators and Innovators – The EU MDR Matrix
David Scott of BHSM will be giving a presentation on “Legislators, Regulators and Innovators – The EU MDR...
24 Feb 2020
BHSM Makes Senior Appointment to Healthcare & Life Sciences Team
BHSM are delighted to announce the appointment of David Scott (pictured left) as a Senior Associate in our Healthcare...
25 Nov 2019