Our Regulation Team provides advice to clients across a wide range of regulated sectors, including financial institutions, professional bodies and government agencies.
Our experience allows us to advise and assist clients in dealing with the evolving regulatory environment which has given rise to increased challenges across these sectors, particularly those faced by financial institutions.
We advise a number of financial institutions and other financial services providers on compliance with the requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland.
We have extensive experience in advising funds and loan purchasers on compliance with the regulatory issues arising from the purchase of loan portfolios.
We are experienced in advising members of regulated professions, who are subject to investigations and enquiries undertaken by their professional bodies.
We advise companies in the areas of:
- Compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland’s Codes of Conduct
- Enforcement investigations under the Central Bank’s Administrative Sanctions Procedure
- Fitness and probity and Corporate Governance requirements
- Reporting obligations to the Central Bank of Ireland
- Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
- Authorisation requirements for financial services firms seeking to re-locate to Ireland
- Compliance with Data Protection Law
- Investigations undertaken by the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
- Advising on Fitness to Practise and Disciplinary hearings
- Acting for a Euronext Dublin listed entity in its central securities depository transition to Euroclear Bank arising from Brexit
- Advising various lending institutions in relation to the Codes of Conduct, such as the CCMA, which are regulatory codes issued by the Central Bank
- Advising a fund which had purchased a loan book, in relation to the regulatory issues arising from the sale of a number of loans
- Advising a mortgage lender on the issues associated with automatic capitalisation of arrears, which they have had to address at the direction of the Central Bank
Get in Touch
Briefing Note on the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2020
The General Scheme of the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2020 (“the 2020 Bill”) was published by the Minister...
26 Feb 2021
BHSM LLP Welcomes Two New Solicitors
BHSM LLP has announced the appointment of Ruth Crawley (pictured below right) and JJ McLoughlin (pictured below...
8 Jan 2021