Our Regulation Team provides advice to clients across a wide range of regulated sectors, including financial institutions, professional bodies and government agencies.
Our experience allows us to advise and assist clients in dealing with the evolving regulatory environment which has given rise to increased challenges across these sectors, particularly those faced by financial institutions.
We advise a number of financial institutions and other financial services providers on compliance with the requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland.
We have extensive experience in advising funds and loan purchasers on compliance with the regulatory issues arising from the purchase of loan portfolios.
We are experienced in advising members of regulated professions, who are subject to investigations and enquiries undertaken by their professional bodies.
We advise companies in the areas of:
- Compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland’s Codes of Conduct
- Enforcement investigations under the Central Bank’s Administrative Sanctions Procedure
- Fitness and probity and Corporate Governance requirements
- Reporting obligations to the Central Bank of Ireland
- Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
- Authorisation requirements for financial services firms seeking to re-locate to Ireland
- Compliance with Data Protection Law
- Investigations undertaken by the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
- Advising on Fitness to Practise and Disciplinary hearings
- Advising a mortgage lender on the issues associated with automatic capitalisation of arrears, which they have had to address at the direction of the Central Bank.
- Advising various lending institutions in relation to the Codes of Conduct, such as the CCMA, which are regulatory codes issued by the Central Bank.
- Advising a fund which had purchased a loan book, in relation to the regulatory issues arising from the sale of a number of loans.
Get in Touch
Remote Working and Data Security
As the economy gradually begins to reopen, remote working continues to be in place for a large number of Irish...
26 Jun 2020
BHSM advise on Mothercare Group winding up of Irish operations
BHSM recently advised the Mothercare Group in relation to the winding of its Irish operations. Mothercare was a long...
30 Jun 2020