Sector - Investing in Ireland
Banking & Finance
Ireland is the fourth largest provider of wholesale Financial Services in the EU. With more than 400 International financial institutions, Ireland has become a world-leading centre for a variety of activities ranging from fund administration to aircraft leasing. International banks, investment managers, insurers, aircraft leasing operators and an array of other financial firms employ over 42,000 people and contribute €2.3bn each year in taxes.
Our Banking & Finance Department is very well positioned to assist you in commencing your operation in Ireland.
We have advised a number of international lenders and funds on Irish corporate law considerations when lending and investing into Ireland and also in relation to insolvency and the options available for unwinding investments.
We have considerable experience advising lenders and borrowers in all aspects of property finance, asset finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, project and construction finance, restructuring and re-financing. We work with all forms of lenders (both traditional and new lenders into the market) and borrowers on a wide range of secured and unsecured finance transactions.
We have also been heavily involved in advising both buyers and sellers regarding the sale of portfolios of performing and non-performing loans.
Our clients include domestic and international financial institutions, alternative debt providers, corporations, investment funds, pension funds, as well as private clients. We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of loan and security packages for the acquisition and development of real estate and the financing of corporate restructurings.
We provide commercially-focused advice and solutions at all times to ensure our clients receive an efficient, client-centric service. Our Banking & Finance Department works closely with both our Corporate and Property Departments to ensure our clients receive comprehensive and clear advice in relation to each aspect of their transaction.
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Asset finance
- Project and construction finance
- Restructuring and re-financing
- Bilateral and syndicated lending
- Enforcement, to include pre-enforcement reviews
- Intercompany lending
- Acting for an Isle of Man based property developer in connection with the acquisition and development of a large residential site in Harolds Cross, Dublin 6
- Acting for a UK lender in relation to the refinancing and restructuring of facilities secured on Irish assets made available to an Irish borrower
- Acting for a multijurisdictional property group in connection with the refinancing and restructuring of its debt, secured on a major industrial park in West Dublin
- Advising a global bank in relation to the amendment and restatement of a financing with multijurisdictional aspects, relating to a chain of European hostels / hotels.
- Acting for the Committee of unsecured creditors in the USA bankruptcy hearing of a large multijurisdictional pharmaceutical company
- Acting for an Irish investment firm and pension fund in connection with the raising of capital and investment opportunities in real estate
Get in Touch
BHSM delighted to advise Elgin Energy on €36 million Berenberg loan for solar energy projects
A BHSM LLP Team headed by Giles Smyth were delighted to advise Elgin Energy on property, banking and corporate aspects...
31 Aug 2021
BHSM LLP Announces Expansion of Banking & Real Estate Teams
BHSM LLP has announced the appointment of Anne Marie Jennings (pictured centre) and Greg Gannon (pictured right). Anne...
29 Jun 2021
BHSM Advise Welltel on Intellicom Ireland Acquisition
Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, Corporate, and Conor MacNally, Banking & Finance, were delighted to advise Welltel...
11 Aug 2020