Sector - Investing in Ireland
Establishing and running a company in Ireland is relatively straightforward, due to the government’s appetite for encouraging foreign direct investment and a recently introduced Companies Act (2014) that is fit for purpose.
Our Corporate Department is central to the business philosophy of the firm and provides expert and comprehensive advice to those thinking about investing in Ireland.
With commercial focus and technical ability in all aspects of corporate transactions, we advise private and public companies across a range of business sectors. We aim to provide solution-driven advice to achieve the objectives of our clients.
BHSM represent a broad spectrum of business sectors and advise on a full range of domestic and international transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures; private equity investments; fundraisings and corporate restructures. In particular, our Department provides specialist advice in the area of technology, innovation and intellectual property and deals extensively with businesses in the healthcare and life sciences sector.
We provide corporate governance advice to directors and shareholders regarding company law and regulatory matters.
We advise both commercial entities and not-for-profit organisations on governance and compliance obligations. We endeavour to understand our clients’ businesses, while our flexible and accessible approach ensures results for our clients.
Our Corporate Department collaborates closely with our Firm’s other Departments, providing support and advice on corporate issues that arise across property, litigation and insolvency matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fundraisings and Investments
- Corporate restructurings and re-organisations
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- International business
- Advisors to one of Ireland’s largest telecommunications providers in a number of acquisitions.
- Advising a family office in a joint venture between pan-European real estate investment manager on the corporate structuring for the acquisition of commercial property in Dublin.
- Acting for a leading software payroll company on a €17m investment by a UK private equity group.
- Acting for the promoter company in fundraising for the establishment of an international fast-casual food restaurant in Ireland.
- Acting for a leading packaging provider in its consolidation and the strategic acquisition of various companies and businesses.
- Advising on the sale of a clinical research lab to a competitor.
- Acting for the shareholders of a healthcare service company to an Italian public company.
- Advising a number of start-ups and high growth companies on various fundraising rounds.
- Advising on corporate re-organisation for a Dublin-based health and fitness group.
- Advising on the corporate and finance elements of various commercial property acquisitions and developments in Dublin.
- Acting in both the sale and purchase of numerous retail pharmacies throughout Ireland.
Get in Touch
Temporary Company Law Measures to Address COVID-19 Crisis Now Effective
The Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (COVID-19) Bill came into effect on 21 August 2020 and will be welcomed as a...
28 Aug 2020
BHSM advises Welltel in acquisition of Capstone
BHSM’s Corporate Team, led by Joe McVeigh and Eimear Grealy, were delighted to act for Welltel in the acquisition...
23 Apr 2021
BHSM Advise Mark Pollock in Registering His New Charity
Joe McVeigh and Lee Taren of the BHSM Corporate Team recently advised Mark Pollock and his team throughout the process...
11 Nov 2020