Sector - Investing in Ireland
Establishing and running a company in Ireland is relatively straightforward, due to the government’s appetite for encouraging foreign direct investment and a recently introduced Companies Act (2014) that is fit for purpose.
Our Corporate Department is central to the business philosophy of the firm and provides expert and comprehensive advice to those thinking about investing in Ireland.
With commercial focus and technical ability in all aspects of corporate transactions, we advise private and public companies across a range of business sectors. We aim to provide solution-driven advice to achieve the objectives of our clients.
BHSM represent a broad spectrum of business sectors and advise on a full range of domestic and international transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures; private equity investments; fundraisings and corporate restructures. In particular, our Department provides specialist advice in the area of technology, innovation and intellectual property and deals extensively with businesses in the healthcare and life sciences sector.
We provide corporate governance advice to directors and shareholders regarding company law and regulatory matters.
We advise both commercial entities and not-for-profit organisations on governance and compliance obligations. We endeavour to understand our clients’ businesses, while our flexible and accessible approach ensures results for our clients.
Our Corporate Department collaborates closely with our Firm’s other Departments, providing support and advice on corporate issues that arise across property, litigation and insolvency matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fundraisings and Investments
- Corporate restructurings and re-organisations
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- International business
- Advisors to the Welltel Group in its expansion through the acquisitions of ATS Group (2017) EyrCo Communications (2018), Invistech (2019), Globalnet Solutions trading as Novi (2020) and Intellicom Ireland (2020)
- Acting in both the sale and purchase of numerous retail pharmacies and pharmacy groups throughout Ireland with the provision of the related regulatory advices
- Advised 35 Irish accountancy firms in their consolidation to Xeinadin, one of the largest accountancy firms in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Acting for the Hale Retail Group, one of Ireland’s leading suppliers and distributors or e-cigarette and tobacco cessation products, in the expansion of its business through the acquisition of VIP e-Cig Ireland
- Acting for Staunton Investments in the acquisition of Spectrum Telecom Installations, a leading provider of telecommunications wireless solutions based in Galway and Kildare
- Acting for an Esports Gaming League start-up in its acquisition by a Nasdaq listed esports entertainment and online gambling operator
- Advised Mark Pollock and his team throughout the process of successfully incorporating and registering his new charity, Collaborative Cures
- Acting for the promoter company in fundraising for the establishment of LEON, an international fast-casual food restaurant, in Ireland
- Advised a MedTech SME on various fundraising rounds with multiple investors
- Acting for the shareholders of Thesaurus Software Limited (Brightpay), leading software payroll company on a significant share sale and investment by HG Capital
- Acted for in excess of 20 separate goodwill sales for general practitioners to Centric Health, a corporate medical services provider
- Acting for a stationary supplier in Ireland in multiple acquisitions in its horizontal and vertical growth strategy in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Advisors to National Plastic Packaging Holdings Limited, a leading packaging provider in its expansion through various acquisitions including PS Packaging Systems, Asgaard Packaging, Security Pak Strapping Systems, McCoy Packaging, RL Packaging
- Advising on the corporate and finance elements of various commercial property acquisitions and developments in Dublin including the acquisition of the Clerys Building, Kielys of Donnybrook and Eden Plaza
- Advising a number of start-ups and high growth companies on various fundraising rounds
- Advisors to the shareholders of Clinch Technology, talent management and recruitment software provider, in relation to the sale of shares to Pageup People
Get in Touch
BHSM delighted to advise Elgin Energy on €36 million Berenberg loan for solar energy projects
A BHSM LLP Team headed by Giles Smyth were delighted to advise Elgin Energy on property, banking and corporate aspects...
31 Aug 2021
BHSM LLP announce Eimear Grealy as Partner
BHSM are delighted to announce the appointment of Eimear Grealy as Partner in our Corporate Department (pictured...
1 Oct 2021
BHSM Advises Relate Software and Brightpay
BHSM were delighted to act in the transactions involving Relate Software and BrightPay, backed by Hg Capital, which...
28 Sep 2021