Rob is a Partner working in our Real Estate Department. He has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions from both a commercial conveyancing and commercial leasing perspective.
Rob has acted for a number of large-scale real estate developers and REITs in the management of their new and existing retail and office property portfolios. He advises both landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing and also has particular experience in the acquisition and development of primary care centres.
Rob also has significant experience in respect of the real estate aspects of wind and solar farm transactions for both lender and developer clients. His experience has included advising domestic and international lenders on property aspects of the project financing of a number of separate wind farms in Ireland.
Rob obtained a Bachelor of Corporate Law and a Bachelor of Laws from NUI, Galway and completed his training contract with an international Dublin law firm. Prior to joining BHSM, Rob worked for a number of years with a top 5 law firm in Dublin.
- Advising OCES Property Holdings Limited on the acquisition of the Clery’s Building
- Acting for an Irish investment fund in the acquisition of a number of primary care centres and development sites
- Advising on the disposal of a large data centre site in Wicklow
- Acting for a large Irish developer in the acquisition and disposal of development sites
- Advising an investment fund on the management of their new and existing retail and office property portfolio
- Diploma in Construction Law, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Arbitration, University College Dublin
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
- Bachelor of Corporate Law, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Bachelor of Laws, National University of Ireland, Galway
Dealing with Potential Tenants in Light of GDPR
The arrival of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) almost two years ago on 25 May 2018 was a...
30 Apr 2020
BHSM advise on the recent AIB debt facility to Valley Healthcare
Rob Gibbons and Siobhan Whelan were delighted to be part of the property team working with Valley Healthcare, Glencar...
2 Jun 2020
BHSM Advises on Acquisition of Action Primary Care Portfolio
We were delighted to act for the Valley Healthcare Fund in the acquisition of a portfolio of primary care centres from...
28 Nov 2019