Trea is a Senior Associate in our Private Client Department. She specialises in the areas of trusts, estate planning, and the administration of estates. She also has considerable expertise in both residential and commercial conveyancing.
She advises domestic and international clients, both private and professional, in the administration of estates and related taxation and litigation. She has also advised a number of charitable organisations in regard to charitable bequests, the administration of estates and any resulting litigation. She has extensive experience in the implementation and registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney, advising both donors and attorneys, and in Wards of Court applications. She advises executors and beneficiaries on a wide variety of matters, as they arise, including validity of Wills, capacity, undue influence, legal right share, claims by children (Section 117 applications), appointment of administrator ad litem, second and subsequent grants of administration and promissory estoppel, among other areas. She has represented clients in Probate litigation, both in the issue and defence of proceedings.
Trea has significant experience advising both purchasers and vendors in the sale, acquisition, lease and voluntary transfer of residential and commercial property, including high value property. She has also acted on behalf of a large financial institution in the sale of properties by mortgagee in possession.
Trea has a Bachelor of Social Science Degree from University College Dublin and was admitted to the roll of Solicitors in Ireland in 2005. She holds a Diploma in Trust and Estate Planning from the Law Society of Ireland and is a member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). She is a long standing member and former Chair of the Dublin Solicitor’s Bar Association (DSBA) Probate and Taxation Committee and former Committee member of STEP Ireland.
- Advising in the administration of estates and tax related queries
- Drafting of wills and trusts
- Advising charitable organisations in regard to charitable bequests
- Representing clients in probate litigation (issuing and defence of proceedings)
- Acting in the acquisition and disposal of residential & commercial property
- Bachelor of Social Science, University College Dublin
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Trust and Estate Planning, Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Former Chair of the DSBA Probate and Taxation Committee
- Former Committee Member of STEP Ireland
Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way – Overcoming the Challenges of Putting Wills in Place in a Pandemic
Over the last number of weeks there has been increased focus on Wills, both by the media and the public at large. It...
5 May 2020
BHSM advise on Mothercare Group winding up of Irish operations
BHSM recently advised the Mothercare Group in relation to the winding of its Irish operations. Mothercare was a long...
30 Jun 2020